RAISING CANE’S® AUGUST 31, 2023 HOUSTON ASTROS BASEBALL TICKET SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING
No purchase necessary to enter or win a Drawing. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning a Drawing. Must be present to win.
1. Sponsor: Raising Cane's Restaurants, L.L.C., 6800 Bishop Road, Plano, Texas 75024 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Overview: To celebrate its partnership with the Houston Astros, Sponsor is offering a sweepstakes drawing (the “Drawing”) in which eligible participants have a chance to win a free prize by visiting the participating Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers® restaurant located at 12201 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77077 (the “Participating Restaurant”).
3. Eligibility: The Drawing is open only to legal residents of Texas who are at least 18 years old. Must be present at the time of the Drawing to win. Employees of Raising Cane’s Restaurants, L.L.C., Raising Cane's USA, L.L.C., Raising Cane’s Franchising, L.L.C., their affiliated companies and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing.
4. Drawing Details:
a. Drawing Entry Period: The entry period for the Drawing will begin at approximately 8:00AM local time on August 31, 2023, and will end at approximately 11:30AM local time on August 31, 2023.
b. How to Enter: Eligible entrants must submit an official entry form at the Participating Restaurant and deposit it in the official entry box at the Participating Restaurant during the Drawing Entry Period. Limit one entry per person. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
c. Winner Selection: At approximately 11:30AM local time, Sponsor will collect the entry forms in the official entry box at the Participating Restaurant and conduct a random drawing to select 50 total entries to be winners, subject to verification (the “Drawing Winners”). Drawing Winners’ names will be announced as they are selected. If a Drawing Winner is not present, or does not identify themselves at the time their name is drawn, the Drawing Winner’s entry form will be discarded and that Drawing Winner will be disqualified, and Sponsor will randomly select another Drawing Winner until all 50 prizes have been claimed by an eligible participant who is present. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Drawing Entry Period.
d. Prizes: 50 total prizes will be available for the Drawing as follows:
i. Two tickets for the Houston Astros baseball game against the San Diego Padres scheduled for September 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM local time at MINUTE MAID® Park. Approximate Retail Value of the total prize package (“ARV”) is $40.00 for the pair of tickets.
ii. The total ARV of all Drawing prizes in the Drawing is $2,000.00. Tickets will be awarded in pairs, not to be divided, traded, or exchanged for cash. Maximum 2 Tickets may be awarded to any one person or household as a result of the Drawing. Ticket recipients are solely responsible for any taxes. Transportation and game parking not included. Tickets are provided “as is” and are subject to additional terms and conditions printed on the back of each Ticket. Use Tickets at your own risk. Raising Cane’s disclaims all liability for any claim, loss, injury, damage, delay, accident, cost or expense of any kind arising out of this promotion or use of any Tickets.
e. How to Claim a Prize. To claim a Prize, Drawing Winners must sign the Liability/Publicity Release provided by Sponsor before receiving the prize. Except where prohibited by law, if a Drawing Winner does not sign a Liability/Publicity Release within the permitted time frame, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have the option (in its sole discretion) to select an alternate winner. Unclaimed Prizes may not be awarded.
5. Prize Acceptance: No cash equivalent, transfer, or substitution of any prize (collectively referred to as a “Prize”) will be permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value if featured Prize becomes unavailable. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their Prizes. Prizes are also subject to any terms and conditions of use as may be indicated thereon.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Drawing and/or accepting a Prize, all participants and winners agree to the use by Sponsor, and those authorized by Sponsor, of such participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, demographic profile, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
7. General Conditions: The Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify a Drawing, or any part of it, if any fraud, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity of a Drawing or reflects poorly upon Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be interfering with the operation of a Drawing or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release of Liability: By participating in this Drawing and/or accepting a Prize, participants and Prize winners agree to release and hold harmless Raising Cane’s Restaurants, L.L.C., Raising Cane’s USA, L.L.C., Raising Cane’s Franchising, L.L.C. and its licensees, and all of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective affiliated companies and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in a Drawing or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize.
9. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) lost, stolen, or damaged property or Prizes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or conducting a Drawing; (3) human error that may occur in the administration of a Drawing; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in a Drawing or receipt or use or misuse of a Prize
RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, INJURY, DAMAGE, DELAY, ACCIDENT, COST OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS OF SUIT), NOR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (I) THESE OFFICIAL RULES; (II) A DRAWING; (III) ANY FAILURE, DELAY OR DECISION BY SPONSOR IN ADMINISTERING A DRAWING; (IV) ANY BREACH OF SECURITY BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL; OR (V) ANY OFFER, REPRESENTATION, STATEMENT, OR CLAIM ABOUT A DRAWING MADE BY RELEASED PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.
The limitations of liability apply whether the alleged liability is based on contract, negligence, tort, strict liability or other basis, even if Released Parties or their representatives have been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses and damages, and without regard to the success or effectiveness of other remedies.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM COMBINED AGGREGATE LIABILITY HEREUNDER FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER IN ANY CALENDAR YEAR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE MATTERS DESCRIBED ABOVE EXCEED THE ARV OF THE PRIZE.
10. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, participation in this Promotion constitutes agreement that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS, conducted before a single arbitrator using JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, and held at a location determined by JAMS; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, including attorneys' fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in a Promotion), and each participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant and Sponsor in connection with a Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the state of Texas.
12. Winners List: For a list of major (ARV $25 or more) Prize winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Raising Cane’s August 31, 2023 Houston Astros Baseball Ticket Sweepstakes, ATTN: Legal Department, Winner’s List, 6800 Bishop Road, Plano, TX 75024, for receipt no later than 30 days following the end of a Drawing. Please indicate the address of the Raising Cane’s Restaurant location that hosted the Drawing.